Goodbye Dancing With the Stars!!

My time on Dancing With The Stars was positive, amazing and a lot of hard work! You gotta have work ethic to do this show, and that your girl has!

Finishing 7th with no dance experience was more than I could have asked for! The opportunity to perform in front of 15 million viewers every week was a dream come true! The one thing I will take with me from this experience is hard work equals success! I hope I have inspired women all over the world! Whatever you are going through or been through, you too can make your dreams come true! Don’t you dare give up!

I want to first thank my husband, Gregg, who has been my rock week after week! My children, my dance partner Tony Dovolani, family, friends and fans who pushed me, prayed for me, cheered for me and voted for me! I am absolutely nothing without you!

Bye Bye Dancing With The Stars and hello Cirque Du Soleil Zumanity!

~ Nene Leakes

1. colibri

You and Tony were wonderful on DWTS, Nene! Best wishes to you for your Zumanity gig and your upcoming clothing line. You are a star! Much love!

April 29 at 11:50am  /
    • Gospelgirl2354

I concur Nene I am a 58 yr old blk women I livebin Decatur Ga, I and a world of women are proud that you are a Georgia Peach, more success is coming ur way. It’s ur season to shine make the best of it. Ur in a different place in ur life maybe onebday whether itvwas you fault or not maybe you can forgive folk from ur past, you know why it only hurts you when you allow the Sheree, Marlo’s, Kenya’s ect of this world to take more of you. Think about film with a couple of them clear the air by making piece you don’t have to see them again, your the winner, do what winners do, win.

April 29 at 1:32pm  /
  2. Christine Robinson

You were fabulous NeNe! Good luck in Vegas.

April 29 at 12:22pm  /
  3. Valda De Dieu

You gave it your best, NeNe, and you were wonderful. Pat yourself on the back!

April 29 at 12:31pm  /
  4. ABUELA65

Nene……You inspire me sooooo Much and you were great on Dwts…….Keep up your great work and as long as you are on
    RHOA I will continue watching the show…..Anytime in Vegas would go out to see you for a BIG Hug and pics. My mom is 88yrs old and she follows you on RHOA and DwtS and loves you……..GOD BLESS YOU AND GREG!!!!

April 29 at 12:33pm  /
  5. Carolina

You know what, Nene? I think it was fantastic that you allowed yourself the opportunity to do DWTS! You let yourself be vulnerable, to showed that you tried your best, and Gave it your all, and Tony helped you work with what you got! I’m a huge fan, voted for you, and will continue to be a supporter in your corner!!!! You’ve got a great spirit!

Now, go make up with Cynthia! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

April 29 at 12:34pm  /
  6. Love Toy

there always rupauls drag race

April 29 at 12:37pm  /
    • stcroixbird

its always good to say nice things and brings you joy

April 29 at 2:06pm  /
    • Janet Jackson

LMFAO!!!!!

May 6 at 11:44am  /
    • Corliss V. Holly

They’re waiting for you. Now run along.

May 6 at 3:20pm  /
  7. Toni Jones

I loved you on Dwts, what a great way to end the season! Your next engagement is May 3rd after that please get some rest for the big one In Vegas, Love you and Gregg what an inspiration you are. No one is perfect, but good friend you have proven that time and time again. Let no one dim your shine.#Team NeNe.!!!

April 29 at 12:42pm  /
  8. Deltricia Williams

It was a pleasure watching you and Tony, week after week. You bought something to DWTS. You bought you sassiness, which made it worth watching. I wish you would have won, but you have left your mark. I think you are great Nene Leakes, and I see a very bright future for you. You do not give up. If there is something you want, you go out and get it. That is what it takes to make it in this world. So you are not on DWTS, they are the losers, not you. Keep doing what you do, being Nene Leakes, don’t change for anyone…love you girl..

April 29 at 12:43pm  /
  9. Belinda Joy

You are reacting quite differently than I would (I would risk being labeled a sore loser) I find it appalling that DWTS allows trained dancers to compete on a show that is “suppose” to be for untrained celebrities. It is just wrong in my opinion.

April 29 at 12:51pm  /
    • tjinlv

Belinda I agree 100%. Nene was up against Professionals. She held her own and I’m sure she will KEEP STEPPIN’.

May 4 at 6:28pm  /
  10. Ina Stovall

I enjoyed Watching Nene and Tony more than any other couple on DWTS. I’m actually sorry to see them go! there was a lot of competition and while it may have been a slim chance they’d win, you can’t deny how fun and entertaining they were to watch! There are so many haters that felt she would have been kicked off week 1 and to last 7 weeks is truly an accomplishment. I also enjoyed seeing her DWTS because we fans got to see another side of her we rarely see (her emotional side). I think a lot of times she comes off tough/brash/and etc but we all shows different sides of ourselves during various times of life. So it was refreshing to see that she can cry, hurt, smile, and feel remorse for mistakes just like anybody else. In closing, I do think in her talk, she did forget to mention during last nights elimination speech but she has thanked him through various social media circuits so I can’t condemn someone for having a lapse in good judgments. I think anyone with a clear set of eyes can see that she loves Tony and I don’t believe that is fake! Hopefully, we’ll see them again! Kudos to Tony and Nene! for surpassing the lines people try to draw for us!

April 29 at 12:51pm  /
  11. Sharon Thurmond

You ROCKED Nene!! I loved every minute watching you. You just kept getting better. I’m gonna miss watching you dance you butt off. Congrats & good luck with your next project. I KNOW you will be amazing at whatever comes your way.

April 29 at 12:55pm  /
    • Ina Stovall

So am I..she was great while she lasted!

April 29 at 12:57pm  /
  12. Ina Stovall

I enjoyed Watching Nene and Tony more than any other couple on DWTS. I’m actually sorry to see them go! there was a lot of competition and while it may have been a slim chance they’d win, you can’t deny how fun and entertaining they were to watch! There are so many haters that felt she would have been kicked off week 1 and to last 7 weeks is truly an accomplishment. I also enjoyed seeing her on DWTS because we fans got to see another side of her we rarely see (her emotional side). I think a lot of times, she comes off tough/brash/and etc but we all show different sides of ourselves during various times of life. So it was refreshing to see that she can cry, hurt, smile, and feel remorse for mistakes just like anyone else. In closing, I do believe that her not mentioning Tony was not intentional! during last nights elimination speech but she has thanked him through various social media circuits since then so I can’t condemn someone for having a lapse in good judgment. We all do. I think anyone with a clear set of eyes can see that she loves Tony and I don’t believe their friendship that is fake! Hopefully, we’ll see them again! Kudos to Tony and Nene! for surpassing the lines people tried to draw for you! (P.S) Sorry for the repost

April 29 at 12:56pm  /
    • Joanne Hester

You said it very well Ina Stovall

May 6 at 11:53am  /
  13. Olivia Simmons

Take your bow my sister! You were amazing and you are amazing! You certainly inspire me. Again, take your bow!!

April 29 at 1:26pm  /
  14. Sherri Darby

Good job NeNe. Now on to the next chapter. You have many chapters to go.

April 29 at 1:42pm  /
  15. mbrunson77

NeNe you did the Darn Thang and did it well. You deserve all the accolades of life and more. You are beautiful and very deserving of all the Blessings that the Lord has in store store for you. You are living in your Season and reaping the rewards of your harvest. Be thankful and loving and stay true to thr GlamDiva that you are. God Bless and keep you.

Girl you are my rock!!!!
    Sending much Love
    Bloop!!

April 29 at 2:08pm  /
  16. bing98407

I enjoyed you on dwts, you brought the sunshine and class this season. Keep being you Nene, love you!

April 29 at 2:25pm  /
  17. Jennifer Noel Sepper

Love you NENE, you were the only reason I watch DWTS, and I have no reason to continue to watch…You ROCKED IT though…much love into your next venture, and I can’t wait til RHOA comes back, because you are my favorite housewife….keep keepin it real girl!!!

<3<3<3 MUAH!!!

April 29 at 2:44pm  /
  18. April Simms

I enjoyed watching you and Tony on DWTS. You inspire woman to be strong go getters! Get it and keep it moving on to the next! Wish you the best and continued success!

April 29 at 2:47pm  /
  19. Knapturally Me

NeNe you did it. You went on DWTS and captured the show. You showed us that we all are able to do whatever it is we want to do and can be successful if we are willing to do the work. You have the kind of spirit that draws people to you. We can sense your determination. Some people have issues with you because your personality makes you larger than life and if they aren’t comfortable in their own skin they start doing some real stupid stuff to try and take the spotlight. I have been laid off for the past 10 months (I’m still doing well I won’t have it any other way lol) and I’ve been thinking about starting my own business because I want to be the boss. I’ve been hesitant because I was afraid to try. You have motivated me to stop thinking about it and start doing the work to get it done. Thank you for being you, don’t change a thang. I wish you even more blessings and successes in the future.

April 29 at 3:43pm  /
  20. jennyboozel

I’m glad you were voted off. Karma got you after all you said about some of the girls on rhoa. Later :)

April 29 at 4:30pm  /
    • Joanne Hester

Nene said nothing compared to Miss kenya. I think Nene did herself proud! She is not a envious person who will sell out anyone for money.

April 29 at 6:32pm  /
      • jennyboozel

You dont base what is right or wrong on the actions of others. She tried to get Cynthia fired. In any world that is wrong. She and Kenya both are less than. Just LESS than.

April 30 at 7:00am  /
        • GOREE

She did NOT try to get Cynthia fired, and for you to come up with that from that interview makes you ignorant IMO. She was asked a question, and she relunctantly answered TRUTHFULLY. Unfortunately, she no longer felt the need to PROTECT her EX FRIEND from the truth. She wasn’t TRYING TO GET HER FIRED THOUGH. She just was answering a question. She told y’all that she has NO POWER over who gets hired and fired!!! Andy does…smh… GET THAT PLEASE..

May 6 at 11:57am  /
    • Janet Jackson

I’m glad she got booted off too. I don’t have ANYTHING BUT HATE for NeNe – after the way she acted so NASTY at the reunion & in #RHOA episodes, disrespecting Andy Cohen, Kandi & Kandi’s Mom, but she has the nerve to make noise about KENYA. GTFOH.
      Now she’s on her blog talking like she just won an OSCAR or something – FK atta here – FUCK NENE.

May 6 at 11:47am  /
      • GROWN WOMAN

How do you HATE someone that you don’t PERSONALLY know??? Hate is such a strong/awful word. You may hate the way that she is portrayed on the show. However, remember that what we see on TELL-LIES-VISION is not 100% accurate. This is only a small snapshot of lives of women who make mistakes. Know of us know the complete story of any of the stars of RHOA. They (BRAVO) only gives us enough to keep up their ratings=$$$. At the end of the day, none of these women have to go home with each other. When people said things and did things to her, she didn’t ask for an apology. It’s not like she was the only one throwing shade.

May 6 at 2:23pm  /
      • Corliss V. Holly

Your alter ego is Janet Jackson? You are as delusional as Kenya who had the audacity to put herself on the same level as Beyoncé. Phew! The nerve of some folks. Can we say Lithium for the both of you?

May 6 at 3:24pm  /
    • Corliss V. Holly

Grow up troll. She gave back to them what they dished out. Now if they can’t handle that, too damn bad. Take your negative comments to RHOA. Maybe SOMEBODY gives a hoot!

May 6 at 3:22pm  /
  21. becky123

Congratulations NeNe You did great, have no regrets voting for you.

April 29 at 5:41pm  /
  22. Suzette Hamilton-Therman

You are the only reason I watched! You were fabulous NeNe! I voted for You each week! HUGS!

April 29 at 6:12pm  /
  23. Marsha Coleman

You danced with a smile each week and did great. Time to move on and as you’ve said when one door close another one opens! Bloop! #OnToTheNext

April 29 at 7:12pm  /
  24. Nita Hill-young

NENE YOU ROCKED ON DWTS I ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE OF IT. YOU WERE THE ONLY REASON I WATCHED I AM SO PROUD OF YOU AND HOW YOU HAVE CONDUCTED YOURSELF EVEN WHEN YOU DID SOMETHING WRONG YOU WERE WOMAN ENOUGH TO APOLOGIZE. SOME PEOPLE DON’T GET YOU BUT I DO AND YOU HAVE A LOT OF FANS WHO LOVE YOU SO DON’T WORRY ABOUT THE HATERS!!!. SEE YOU IN VEGAS BETWEEN FRIDAY JUNE. 27TH AND JULY. 1ST. I KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO ROCK THE HOUSE! HOPE I GET THE OPPORTUNITY TO MEET YOU AND GREG!!!! LOVE ME SOME NENE LEAKS #TEAMNENE

April 29 at 8:13pm  /
  25. yahoo

Nee Nee: I’m one of the original HOA fans. Witnessing you use your stature-anger-banchee ranting to bully people; Ex: CHOKE KIM off screen was entertaining until Kim left. Whether Kim was right or wrong. That chick was FUN to watch:) NEE NEE: u r the biggest candidate for anger management therapy I’v ever seen. 4get about your past antics, fast forward to KENYA. NEE NEE: you stOOd in Kenyas Personal Space (Ms. K a n d i hint-hint) hollerin-screamin-wit yo hands in her face threatning her and PHYSICALLY STOPPING her from leaving the room. sO baBE when u judge Kenyas props-pushin folk to the edge u say? (pleeeeeeezzzzeeee include yourself as well!). I noticed next Sunday, Peter is using a prop, a peach’, maybe he should get hit too. PORSHA: YES, you were pushed but no more so than Kenya last year @ reunion show. How do you think it feels to have men berate you and their wives sit back & laugh about it on PUBLIC TV!!!! cuz that’s what y’all did to her. BUT she kept it together. No wand or bullhorn should push you to put your hands on somebody. You getting paid GOOOOD MONEY. You signed a contract to perform & fight with your wits not your TiTz. NEE NEE/cynthia: ALL you women allowed Peter/Appollo to gang up on a woman at last years reunion show. Something that other shows have put a stop too, immediately. Why do u think that is? b’cause womens groups/socially conscious organizations are not going have it on t.v. for very long. BUTTTT nooooooo HOA feel threatned by Kenya so we gone humiliate her. Here’s the thing, now PETER has a foothold and you can’t stop him, now he’s a part of the show. Honestly Nee Nee, I fell in like w’ you all over again after watching arsenio show/DWS but you betta make amends w’ Kenya, if only for the show because some of us really like KEnya b’cuz she’s fun. On a real serious note: Kandi/Todd secured their position on the show, Kenya WILL be back & if she learns to just own the fact that she’s single, things will turn around for her. PHAEDRA: shady phaedra, sicka watchin u. such a hypocrite! u married to whore; i dnt know what God u worshippin but mine say ‘let he without sin…………’ Phaedra should go!. Cynthia/Peter WILL be back. PORSHA: go over 2 Love&Hip Hop-fake Ttitz sealed the deal. Nothing left on HOA 4 u to do. NEE NEE: we ALL know u will be back, but your story line is stale. Stop b’ng jealous of Kenya, loose the weight and get fun again.

April 30 at 10:04am  /
  26. Divajo

I for one think you were GREAT. Keep doing and being you.

April 30 at 10:24am  /
  27. Divajo

Oh yea, Nene in my opinion has always been fun. Not calculating.

April 30 at 10:28am  /
  28. Jodyx

Mrs “L” ~ You and Tony were awesome on DWTS…Best of luck with your gig in Vegas :) ♥ u

April 30 at 11:26am  /
  29. spage01

Personally, I don’t think Dancing with the Stars wanted anything more to do with your caliber. They have a respectful image to uphold. Message To Nene: Nene, please go back and watch how you acted on the reunion shows — rolling your eyes and pursing your lips. Don’t you know you are an embarrassment not only to women of color, but to all women in general? (I am not even going mention Mama Joyce. Wow, sadly, that is an entirely different pathetic story.) You used to be my favorite. Now, you are my least favorite. You may have made a lot of money (which you are always commenting on) but you have lost a lot of other important things – - your heart, integrity, and respect from Many! What a mess! I do, however, wish you all the luck in your future endeavors. Actually, the circus is where you belong. P.S. Kim and Sheree are probably sitting back watching, laughing, and saying, “I tried to tell everyone!”

April 30 at 11:56pm  /
    • Janet Jackson

…. and Sheree & Kim WOULD BE RIGHT.
      Nene has become a disgusting excuse for a MOOSE. I’m so SICK of that BITCH. With her nasty arrogant attitude, always “checking” somebody – she has too much nerve. I wish Cynthia or Kandi – or hell – even PETER would’ve punched her square in her BIG FAKE TEETH for her “fucked-up-ness”. She has the nerve to blab about how “these bitches are not on my level” – IS SHE SERIOUS???? Talk about LOSS of HUMILITY!!!

May 6 at 12:04pm  /
  30. wongcook

Nene, I think you were amazing on Dancing with the Stars! I loved the way you showed love to your husband and incorporated him into you performance! You showed the results of a good work ethic. It does not matter that you did not stay another week, what matters is that you fought a good fight and to your loyal fans…you won! Regarding Cynthia just know that you made her relevant in the reality show arena no matter how she denies it. Oh yeah and how convenient for her to go public with your friendship breakup during your reign on Dancing with the Stars. This was done with malicious intent and she wanted to paint you the “bad RHOA” in an effort to lessen your votes. Keep doing your thing Nene, I am a loyal fan from the beginning. You have soooo much more to offer, can’t wait to see you in your next production, no mater what it might be.

May 1 at 11:23am  /
  31. Angie Barnes

You were absolutely fantastic on DWTS! Great Job! No more doubters in your corner…with that kind of work ethic, the Stars are the limit!

May 1 at 5:48pm  /
  32. Planetdancer

You did well, NeNe; Tony was fantastic too. Good luck and best wishes on all your future endeavors.

May 2 at 7:38am  /
  33. tjinlv

KUDOS! You did great! You went to 7 which was incredible considering the PROFESSIONAL competition. On to the next thing. Can’t wait for you to put RHOA in your rear view. Big things are in your future.

May 4 at 6:23pm  /
  34. Nita Hill-young

FOR ALL THE HATERS COMING ON NENE PAGE TO TALK ABOUT HER WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IS BE CAREFUL WHEN POINTING A FINGER AT SOMEONE BECAUSE EVERY YOU DO THERE ARE 3 POINTING BACK AT YOU. AND THE WORD SAY TO JUDGE NO MAN LEST YOU BE JUDGED AND FOR THE PERSON WITHOUT SIN TO CAST THE FIRST STONE. AND WE HAVE ALL SINNED NONE OF US ARE PERFECT EXCEPT JESUS!!! AND IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH WHAT I JUST PUT ON NENE PAGE GET MAD AT JESUS AND NOT ME I AM JUST PUTTING HIS WORDS ON HER PAGE!! IJS

May 6 at 10:42pm  /