Open Letter to 2013

NeNe Leakes - Toast With Gregg Leakes at Our Wedding

It was an amazing year for me. I got engaged on New Years 2013! I remember rushing from the set of the New Normal in February to catch a red eye so I could sit in the famous Real Housewives Of Atlanta: Reunion. I was dog-tired hunni but survived hours. I then jumped back on a plane and headed to the set of Glee so Coach Roz could do her thing. Finally after months of shooting on three shows, we wrapped The Real Housewives: Season Five and The New Normal. I then rushed back to Atlanta to start shooting my wedding show I Dream Of Nene & planned a fairytale wedding to Gregg Leakes in June. Two weeks after marrying Gregg I was right back shooting season 6 of The Real Housewives Of Atlanta. In September, Glee started back shooting season five and I began my recurring role as Coach Roz once again. I also started working on a clothing line! In November of this year, I got sick with Pulmonary Embolism (blood clots in my lungs), but with the Grace of God, the help of the doctors, nurses and the love of my family and friends, I was healed. In December I was once again back on the set of Glee. Who says this little black girl from Athens, Georgia couldn’t be on two major networks at the same damn time and a cable Network? I was also fortunate this year to be on a ton of talk shows, magazine covers and attended amazing events! Thank you all for supporting me in 2013! I know that none of this is possible without you. I am grateful, I love you and I wish each of you a safe and HAPPY, PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR! Welcome 2014!

~ Nene Leakes

1. Prince Jarvis

NeNe, you had a whirlwind of a year. You officially took over the world in 2013 and I enjoyed every second of it. I have literally watched and read any and everything that featured you in 2013. You have inspired me in ways that I can’t even explain. You have showed me that with hard-work, dedication and a dream you can accomplish anything and live out the American Dream. I look forward to continuing to watch you in 2014. Wishing you and the entire Leakes family a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year!!! Love you so much!!! Xoxo

December 30 at 3:29pm  /
  2. pamtheham

NeNe,
    Thank you for sharing ! What a beautiful letter I know you will be a huge success in 2014 and whatever you do. I look forward to seeing you in the New Year !. You’re loyal fan

December 30 at 4:13pm  /
  3. lmderuise

Even though I only get to see what the cameras allows us to see, I have enjoyed seeing your growth over the years. Your story, your journey is very motivating. I absolutely love it. Looking forward to seeing what else you have to share with us. Happy New Year! #566

December 30 at 7:02pm  /
  4. Specialk

Greetings Ms.NeNe,
    You made some valid statements in your post. I have watched you mature during your journey on T.V. I was inspired to see a young lady change from the immature ways that you displayed earlier in your position on The Atlanta Housewives show.I pray that God’s Blessings Be Upon You And Yours Always In 2014 Keep Going!!

December 30 at 7:16pm  /
  5. Katrina

2013 was a great year, I hope 2014 is even better. I wish you a wonderful and prosperous New Year. Make your family and health a priority and the rest will come. Try to be more tolerant of people and more open to past relationships. What God has for you, it’s for you!

December 30 at 10:09pm  /
  6. Toni Jones

Thank you NeNe, I was so excited to watch your Wedding, and again on RHOA, Bless you and your family and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

December 31 at 11:22am  /
  7. resathegreat

Intelligent, witty, beautiful are a few words that make me want to be your biggest fan. Hipocrtitical, mean, insensitive are a few words that prevent that.
    The wedding was amazing and you were stunning.

December 31 at 4:19pm  /
  8. Ann Johiissoon

NeNe congrats to you on a sucessful career and also your marriage to Gregg. Thanks for sharing your life on TV and all of the photos. Wishing you and Gregg and family peace and joy in the new year of 2014.

December 31 at 7:36pm  /
  9. Veronica Luvlife

U R a Great Inspiration to women of Courage, Strength & Grace…….
    2014 God 1st…….

December 31 at 9:25pm  /
  10. Robynette

NeNe, you are an amazingly strong woman who is an inspirations to so many. I wish you nothing but love, good health and happiness. May 2014 be a very blessed year for you. God Bless you NeNe and your wonderful family!!!!!

December 31 at 9:25pm  /
  11. Laura MamaGremlin Nicholson

You’re so awesome Mrs. Nene Leakes!

Happy New Year to you and your family. So glad you’re doing so well, health wise. I was praying for you and wish you an even better 2014!

Stay real!

December 31 at 9:43pm  /
  12. 1stclassbrand

Thank you for all the inspiration! Ding dong! Much love and success to you in the New Year!

December 31 at 10:16pm  /
  13. prettybrowneyedlady

You have had a blessed year and wishing you many more. My great grandmother was a Leakes; probably no relation. Anyway…Happy Blessed New Year to you!

January 1 at 8:20am  /